AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why low bid or low quality score, if they are not?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am confused. One of the keywords is not showing due to low bid or QS. The bid is above est top page bid and the QS is 7/10 and budget is not reached.

Funny enough in the preview it says the ad IS showing...

1.GIF

2.GIF

So whats going on? is it showing? if not why?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author German Neuroscience Center D
September 2015

Re: Why low bid or low quality score, if they are not?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
My opinion: higher the bid. There is not much difference between QS 7 and 10 in terms of CPC. And in competitive areas, it could be hard to reach above 7.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I did so and it works. I guess to be on the save side you have to be quiet a bit above the est top page bid.

Thanks Moshe!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello German N.C.D.

The First/Top of page bid , estimates are only for the exact variation of the keyword. Read from here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Est-First-page-bid-when-a-search-query-ex...

Here is also an interesting article about the relationship between quality score and price impact on clicks (3rd picture) :

http://www.wordstream.com/quality-score

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Adrian -
I would not rely much on this analysis (3rd pic), and take it with caution.  I I'm not sure which regression was used to  plot a linear correlation based on the data. My experience (no scientific experiment, though...)  is that there is not much difference in CPC between QS  7 and 10.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’