AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why low bid or low quality score, if they are not?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am confused. One of the keywords is not showing due to low bid or QS. The bid is above est top page bid and the QS is 7/10 and budget is not reached.

Funny enough in the preview it says the ad IS showing...

1.GIF

2.GIF

So whats going on? is it showing? if not why?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author German Neuroscience Center D
September 2015

Re: Why low bid or low quality score, if they are not?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
My opinion: higher the bid. There is not much difference between QS 7 and 10 in terms of CPC. And in competitive areas, it could be hard to reach above 7.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author German Neuroscience Center D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
My opinion: higher the bid. There is not much difference between QS 7 and 10 in terms of CPC. And in competitive areas, it could be hard to reach above 7.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I did so and it works. I guess to be on the save side you have to be quiet a bit above the est top page bid.

Thanks Moshe!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello German N.C.D.

The First/Top of page bid , estimates are only for the exact variation of the keyword. Read from here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Est-First-page-bid-when-a-search-query-ex...

Here is also an interesting article about the relationship between quality score and price impact on clicks (3rd picture) :

http://www.wordstream.com/quality-score

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Adrian -
I would not rely much on this analysis (3rd pic), and take it with caution.  I I'm not sure which regression was used to  plot a linear correlation based on the data. My experience (no scientific experiment, though...)  is that there is not much difference in CPC between QS  7 and 10.