AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why is there substantial delay between keyword optimization and improvement in CTR?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Recently, I substantially optimized my Adwords campaign, including by changing the match type from broad to phrase, but today when I opened my account I observed that I still have zero impressions and zero CTR. The only way this would make any sense to me is if there is some sort of structural delay between when actions are taken to optimize my campaigns and when those changes have their beneficial effect on the impressions and CTR. Can anybody explain the reason for the delay and give me an idea of how long it takes for the impressions and CTR to reach their maximum improvement following the optimization changes?

Thanks,

Christopher

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why is there substantial delay between keyword optimization and improvement in CTR?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

After changes your account statistics like clicks, conversions, impressions etc. are delayed by less than three hours, and some others can take 24 hour to display the results.

To know more in detail Determining your data's freshness

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If the changes made were effective (in terms of optimization), then you would be able to see some partial data the day after, and full data 24 hours after.

So, my only guess would be that the optimization was not complete and the performances are still below the threshold  for the ad(s) to be shown, or you are not wining any slot in the auctions.

A good place to start and analyze is the ad preview and diagnostics tool.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’