AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Why is one ad served more often than another ?

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

When a campaign has two ads, why is one served 98% of the time, and the other only served 2% ? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Re: Why is one ad served more often than another ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

 

Your Ad copy is being served by Ad Roation setting of your campaigns.

 

 Ad Roations has four options that you can use based on your requirements:-

 

Optimize for clicks:- Your Ads serves on the basis of click, AdWords systems will show your ads that has received higher clicks.

 

Optimize for conversions:- our Ads serves on the basis of Conversions, AdWords systems will show your ads that has received higher Higher Conversions.

 

Rotate evenly:- It is good when you want to perform A/B testing in your ad copy and landing page. Here the system will Rotate your ads. But After 90 days, your ads are being served by either Optimized Clicks or Conversions.

 

Rotate indefinitely:- It works same as Rotate evenly.It does not any time limtations, it will serves your ads indefinitely.

 

When a campaign has two ads, why is one served 98% of the time, and the other only served 2% ? 

 

It seems that your campaigns have opted either Optimize for clicks or Optimize for conversions setting. That's the resons that you one ads are getting 98% and second one only 2%.

 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Re: Why is one ad served more often than another ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

 

Your Ad copy is being served by Ad Roation setting of your campaigns.

 

 Ad Roations has four options that you can use based on your requirements:-

 

Optimize for clicks:- Your Ads serves on the basis of click, AdWords systems will show your ads that has received higher clicks.

 

Optimize for conversions:- our Ads serves on the basis of Conversions, AdWords systems will show your ads that has received higher Higher Conversions.

 

Rotate evenly:- It is good when you want to perform A/B testing in your ad copy and landing page. Here the system will Rotate your ads. But After 90 days, your ads are being served by either Optimized Clicks or Conversions.

 

Rotate indefinitely:- It works same as Rotate evenly.It does not any time limtations, it will serves your ads indefinitely.

 

When a campaign has two ads, why is one served 98% of the time, and the other only served 2% ? 

 

It seems that your campaigns have opted either Optimize for clicks or Optimize for conversions setting. That's the resons that you one ads are getting 98% and second one only 2%.

 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Why is one ad served more often than another ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

 

hi! I have it set to rotate indefinitely and have 2 ads. Still, one of them is being served 97% of the times.

Why is one ad served more often than another ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2013.

 

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

 

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

 

Thank you.

____________________________________________________________
Google My Business & Google Ads Top Contributor
Google Partner | GYBO Agency | Local Guide | My Profile