5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why is it that my listings show up well in Yahoo but not GOOGLE

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since September my sales have dropped significantly. Items that used to show up well in GOOGLE web search are no longer showing up well at all, if at all. I have my items on GOOGLE Shopping but not everyone looks there when browsing online. I've made changes to my descriptions, titles, keywords but nothing is helping. When I search on Yahoo, all of my items rank very well. Some on first page of Yahoo. I don't understand why not GOOGLE? Can anyone provide me with any tips on what to do? I've paid someone before to optomize my site but it didn't make any difference and I cannot afford to pay anyone again to do that. With that said, I'm finding that Yahoo is a more reliable search engine.  All of my titles and descriptions are relevant, more so than others that are ranking ahead of mine on GOOGLE. Some items do not even relate and are showing before mine on GOOGLE.

Thank you in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is it that my listings show up well in Yahoo but not GOOGLE

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Nancy

Before this drop occur did you made any significant changes to your campaigns? And what are the campaign type you using at the moment? Search ? Display or both?

Since your post mentioned you have relevant titles and description I would pay more attention on targeting. Try to focus more on target groups also did you get a time to check your search term report to find out negative keywords? https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Negative keywords can play a major role, specially in the campaign that focus more on positive ROI.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisa,

I never made any changes to my campaigns. I use campaign type Search. I will go to that link that you directed me to go to regarding negative keywords. FYI, my items for many years showed up well on GOOGLE. It wasn't until September, that they started going down hill and now very downhill.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

It's true that the competition for ad space gets stronger all the time. Something that worked well in the past might not work today.

Your post is a somewhat confusing mix of SEO issues (having your website tags updated) and advertising questions and I'm not quite sure which you're asking questions about.

How your website performs organically (SEO) is not related to your advertising (AdWords), If you have questions about organic search listings, you can ask those on the Webmaster Central help forum--that's the correct place for them.

If you have specific questions about your advertising program--how your ads are performing, what features you're using or could be using, please go ahead and post them and we'll be happy to try to offer some ideas!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi

As Theresa pointed out is this about organic search or paid advertising? You have mentioned your campaign type is search, is that mean you are running a search adwords campaign or are you using search engines to see where you stand in organic search results?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You're right Theresa. I posted this question in the wrong area. I'm concerned about organic GOOGLE search.  I just re-posted it over there.  Please disregard