AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why is Adwords putting my URL at the beginning of my ads now???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

All of a sudden Adwords is putting my "website URL" at the beginning of my ads in mobile search results. I never seen this before and I don't know how to fix it. If you look below, I have screen shots of both mobile and desktop search. On the desktop search the ads look normal. But on the second image below for the mobile search, you see the URL at the very beginning. I don't want this and it is totally defeating the purpose of writing an eye catching effective ad message. I don't see Adwords doing this to anyone else's ads except mine.

Can someone please help me with this. I tried calling Google Adwords support and the guy was totally clueless.

Thank you,

RN

Adwords Mobile Ad.jpgAdwords Mobile Ad.jpg

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rnaderpo
September 2015

Re: Why is Adwords putting my URL at the beginning of my ads now???

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi rnaderpo,

Welcome to adwords community.

Your question is right, I suggest you please see second ads image, which is shared by you.
I think it's happen due to miss punctuation of your sentence.
If you use in title any ?(question mark) .(full stop) in this situation, For mobile ads adjust your ad on the basis of your ad sentence.

Please see this ad which have in your image.
ipad screen repair
Broken ipad? we'll fix it fast
second line of description.........not shown in mobile ad & it's replaced by website display URL.

because after fast....he is not add any full stop or right punctuation so it's like a long sentence. so google break it according to mobile.

Now see your ad:
Cracked iPad screen?

Welcome to you for ipad repair

online ipad screen repair service

In ad no any full stop or punctuation in 1st & second line so Google left this 2 line & break the sentence according to mobile compatibility.

What need to do?

Just add full stop after in 2 lines like:

Cracked iPad screen?

Welcome to you for ipad repair.

online ipad screen repair service.

after that you see ads in mobile like this:

Cracked iPad screen? - Welcome to you for ipad repair.

online ipad screen repair service.

I fill it's help ful for you.

Mohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for your help. I will make those changes.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Welcome rnaderpo,
please comment again if you will get same problem again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately that did not help. After talking to many clueless Adwords chat/phone support staff, one of them finally told me that this was some kind of performance experiment by Google. I have no idea why putting a URL of a website at the beginning of an ad would be effective especially for a business like mine. Now they have to manually take that option out of my account which I am sure will cause other problems.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi rnaderpo,
Can you share URL, Targeted Location details, Device details, your exact ad & keywords for you are looking the ad preview or original view.

Mohit