AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why i have competitors although i don't have impr.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found in Keyword Planner it can allow you compare to your competitor domains when you get keyword suggestions. As AdWords said that the competitors are identified as the ones who have particiapted in the same auction with you, i encounted one case that i can't understand and don't know what actions i should take.

I searched a list of new keywords in Keyword Planner and actually i don't have those keywords suggested in my account. My ad impression share is 0. While i can still see that i have competitors which are weried. If i don't have impressions, how you can find the competitors from the auctions with me? Probably i didn't participate any of the auctions.

I want to past the screenshot and it seems i can't. It needs URL, right?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why i have competitors although i don't have impr.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can add an image by using the full reply editor (linked below the usual reply box) a screenshot would be useful.

That does sound odd... if you are sure you don't have those keywords in your account the only thing I can think of is you have a keyword on broad match which could pull in those competing results? Smiley Surprised

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Correct; You did  not take part in the auction, hence data is not available.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for answering. Actually i know why i don't have ad impression share, which is because i don't have the suggested keywords in my account, or even my broad match type keywords don't match to them, resulting i don't have ad impression share on it.

My question is how those competitors are identified. Are those competitors from my account level auction insights report? Then the competitors are the ones who have participated all the auctions that your account is participating. But if the competitors are identified as the ones who have participated the auctions for these suggested keywords that you also participated. Then the result is weried because i don't participate any of the auctions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for answering. Actually i know why i don't have ad impression share, which is because i don't have the suggested keywords in my account, or even my broad match type keywords don't match to them, resulting i don't have ad impression share on it.

My question is how those competitors are identified. Are those competitors from my account level auction insights report? Then the competitors are the ones who have participated all the auctions that your account is participating. But if the competitors are identified as the ones who have participated the auctions for these suggested keywords that you also participated. Then the result is weried because i don't participate any of the auctions.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jie C;

Watch this video about the AdWords auction;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for providing the video for understanding auction. I'd like to know who the competitors showed in Keyword Planner are identified. What auctions are based to find the competitors? The auctions that your keywords in the account have participated? or the auctions for the suggested keywords that you have particiapted? I think these two options should create totally different result.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Jie C

Competition is among keywords. 

The auction insight  shows how you perform compared to  other advisers bidding for the same keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV

Thanks for answering. The competitors are identified as the ones from auction insights on the account level.