AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why have my Display Ads and Remarketing campaigns been a disaster?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been using Adwords for 10 years and had good success with Search, our account is pretty solid with good quality scores across the range with extensions, negative keywords etc.

However, Display has proved a constant frustration over the years and now Remarketing has come into play, that has too!!

I just don't seem to be getting any clicks in either Display or Remarketing! We have a decent budget (mobile ads are excluded, as we don't convert on mobile) and all the tips & tricks from PPC Hero, Larry Kim, Perry Marshall etc have been added in. We seem to be set up fine, but just don't get any clicks. Then when we have had clicks, they are the text display ads and not any on the lovely ads we have designed! :-(

Our average cpc in Search is low at only 20p per click. We have our bids for Display and Remarketing at a max of 30-40p

Could it just be the real estate for Display Ads has become to frenzied now that Remarketing is showing only higher EPC ads from peoples browsing habits?

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris B
September 2015

Re: Why have my Display Ads and Remarketing campaigns been a disaster?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris B;

Indeed real estate is a tough field...

I prefer to target display by managed placements with high bids. By managed placements,  I mean local website dedicated to real estate.

What targeting method are you using?

Re-marketing should bring in leads. Real estate is a business in which users do conduct a research before making a decision.

Could the issue be your landing page? Can you share the website URL?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’