AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why does my adwords dont sell

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi 

i am using adwords for my new buisness and the problem im dealing with is that with any kind of keyword i use i never had made one sale and im doubting if it is because adwords or because my website the website itself is nice and the landing pages are very good so i really dont know where to go with this in in order to make adwords work good for me anyone have any ideas what to do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why does my adwords dont sell

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,
If you're receiving visitors via your AdWords campaigns, there might be several different problems here:
- you're not using the right keywords: they're too broad, too narrow, too vague, etc. please review your keyword list.Some tips regarding keyword lists can be found here.
- you're not using the best ad texts for your keywords. If you're selling different products/services, make sure you have divided your keyword list into topics, placed them in different ad groups and have written different compelling ad variations for each set of keywords. Here are a few valuable tips on creating great text ads.

- you landing pages (no matter how attractive it may seem) can receive visitors who are interested in different things than you're offering. It's crucial to send visitors to as relevant landing page as possible: it should perfectly fit their queries and the ad texts you are using. You'll find some info regarding landing page experience here.

- make sure you're targeting the right geographic locations and languages.

- it's also possible that there are problems with the purchase process in your website. Make sure all pages throughout the buying process do work: the pages are load quickly, there are no errors, etc etc. 

Of course, I suppose you're using Google Analytics which is linked to your AdWords account and you're optimizing your campaigns according to the data you see in Analytics. In case you don't, you should definitely use it. 

The first steps with AdWords can be time-consuming and quite painful. However, I believe 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi David,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

I would suggest to read an article " Why Are My Visitors Not Converting?"

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Why-Are-My-Visitors-Not-Converting/ba-p/230161

Moreover you can run the search query report and see are they not relevant of your product/service, then you add them as a negative keywords.

You can also change your adcopy with respect of landing page and perform a test conversion and check whether the complete sales path are correct.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
does it mean you believe that if my website is an ok condtion my products would sell ? or maybe i need to focous more in branding?
thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
David, the whole magic is about testing. It's a little bit of everything: your prices, number of competitors, website user-friendliness, branding, etc. You try different things, measure the results and optimize.

milda