AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why do my ads only show at the bottom of the page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi -

I have very low competition keywords - often I am the only ad on the page - but my ads are showing at the footer of the page, which is lowering my CTR.  Any ideas why this is happening and how I can get my ads at the top of the page.  Most of my keywords have QS of 5, 6 or 7 so I don't think quality of the ads is an issue.

Thanks for any help.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Why do my ads only show at the bottom of the page?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Embereli

Please see the following articles on Understanding ad position and also getting your ads to show on the first page. This will give you more information/understanding about ad rank and how your bid and quality score affect this. Also, here is an article about how you can help your ads to make it to the top of the page. Hopefully there will be some tips there for you so you can log in and implement within your account.

I hope this helps you, good luck! Smiley Happy

Best Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have having the same problem. My branded terms are only showing up at the bottom of the page results despite the fact that my QS's are 8-10 and I am bidding aggressively. 

It is a new campaign, could that be causing a factor?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please ... all those links are nothing more than "Let's just spam our customers with well written, neat looking, falsely-friendly and overly elaborate help pages, while keeping the real algorithm that causes you to get into the second row and have the disadvantage - probably for the exact same price - our big company secret." It is just like websearch rank, which is like 90% determined by the sum of clicks received and other sites cross-referencing your's at all time. The real reasons why your ads show at the bottom could very well be something like campaign runtime, the internal google account reputation score or just the IP address you have been using. No one ever mentiones those factors.