Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why conversion rate is dropped after changing my website design

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

However, I am Google Ad word certified professional and I have managed many accounts. In other words you can say that I have good hand in PPC. But this time I am really surprised that my conversion rate is dropped after redesigning my client's site. Initially that site had a flat design, but when I redesign that conversation rate get dropped even new site has a decent look and most the things are same as it was at previous sites. I am not sure is it a redesigning issue that dropped my conversation rate or something else.

I want the input of various ad word experts for this issue. What could be the main cause for the drop in conversion . All comments would be appreciable.

Good luck.

Om Thakur

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why conversion rate is dropped after changing my website design

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Om,

If nothing has been changed except the design then this drop might be due to the design change only.

Even a change in enquiry form's location may leads to a dropped conversion rate.
A/B testing of landing pages is recommended to judge the user behaviour. As sometimes a simple design works while sometimes eye catching call to actions/images seize users to make a conversion.

You can have A/B testing with your old design.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Archit thanks for reply , I have not changed the any from location. Everything is placed at same location as it was on previous site.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I am looking for better solutions. Anyone can help .

Regard
Om Thakur

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Have you made any changes in destination/final url?

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes Archit, I have change only design.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Have you tried A/B testing with your old design and the new design?

Regards

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah! that is the last solution. I think new people are not liking new landing page design.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Om T
January 2016

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Yes that may be the reason.
If CTR is still the same, Impression share is not affected then might be your new design is not very friendly in terms of user experience to get converted.
Try to use both landing pages designs with your adcopies and then analyse the performance of both.

Regards