AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why are my impressions so high in my remarketing campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have frequency capping set up in my remarketing campaign for showing ads only 2 times per week for users, and my remarketing list has only 420 people in it. However, the campaign shows over 3k impressions in less than 24 hours. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Why are my impressions so high in my remarketing campaign?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Meghan

Welcome to the community!

Just wanted to know what option you have selected in the next drop down menu after the duration drop down menu, it is per ad, or per ad group or so on. If it is per ad, then each ad will be eligible to show 2 times in a week to a unique user. In that case your number of impressions depends upon the number of ads you have in that campaign.

Hope that make sense!

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Why are my impressions so high in my remarketing campaign?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Meghan

Welcome to the community!

Just wanted to know what option you have selected in the next drop down menu after the duration drop down menu, it is per ad, or per ad group or so on. If it is per ad, then each ad will be eligible to show 2 times in a week to a unique user. In that case your number of impressions depends upon the number of ads you have in that campaign.

Hope that make sense!

Abhishek