AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why am I not getting good conversions but clicks on my Adwords Campaign?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am getting good number of clicks but no conversion from a campaign. And when I asked the same question to AdWords Expert they said your campaign is perfectly fine but new, so wait for few more days. I created this campaign on 20th Nov. 2012. Here are few details for this campaign:

Keywords used in an adgroup - 61

Type - Search Network Only

Avg. Position - 1.8

Bidding Option - Manual CPC Bidding

Ad Rotation -Optimize for clicks: Show ads expected to provide more clicks

And I looked into search term report which is much relevant to our business. Ad-copies are also fine.

Please suggest me how could I increase conversion rate for this campaign.

Thanks with regards,

Anand Vishwakarma

Anand Vishwakarma
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why am I not getting good conversions but clicks on my Adwords Campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Avish,

I'd suggest you read this great thread by someone who experienced the same problem as yourself:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/Not-Getting-Leads/m-p/12094#M470

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Anand,

From the details you have provided a few thoughts.

Keywords used in an ad group - 61

Dividing this ad group to more tightly themed small ad group will definitely help. This will help you to write more targeted ads, increasing your CTR and reducing your CPC.

This will also help you to monitor your keyword performance closely.

Ad Rotation - Optimize for clicks

I will change this to - Rotate indefinitely: Show lower performing ads more evenly with higher performing ads, and do not optimize

The description of this option can be scary, but this will give your ads equal opportunity to perform. Later you can change the lower performing ads based on conversions (Your objective is conversions not clicks)

Your ad positions are great.

And now the most important part

Remember AdWords can only drive visitors to your site. Your website is key to convert these visitors to customers (conversion). So make sure your website is optimized to increase conversions.

Hope this helps,

Info

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks davis and Info.

I am using this page as a landing page http://www.capitalvia.com.sg/FreeRegister.php

can you please have a look at this and suggest should I make any changes for better lead generation?

Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Avish.

If I were you, I'd go back to the drawing board.

Visiting your landing page doesn't tell me ANYTHING about what you do, why you exist or why I should give away all my personal information.

You're targeting English speakers yet the English on your page is very poor.

I'd HIGHLY recommend pausing your AdWords account until you understand what you are doing. I'd be surprised if ANY of your target market (whoever they may be) will convert on this page. You really need to go back to basics. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Avish,

As a starting point, visit some of your competitor landing pages. Compare your landing page with those, and anlyze how you can improve your present landing page.

You can learn a lot from your competitors Smiley Happy

Info

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dave,

Thanks a ton for suggesting me, where I was lacking behind. Really it was worst landing page I's using.

Because of you, I made few changes on landing page and now I am getting good numbers of leads.

Thanks you so much.

Regards,

Anand Vishwakarma

Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Glad it's working out for you.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm going to make a few comments here.

First, just because you advertise on Adwords (or any other PPC service), doesn't mean that you will make sales. I'm not sure why people think that. PPC is an advertising tool. What happens when someone clicks your ad is up to you, your sales page.

Second, people just don't know how to use PPC. They jump in without really knowing or learning and when it doesn't work, they think it's a scam. Sad but true.

The main reason, as I said, is not learning and understanding how PPC should work. The first problem is not using the right keywords for what they are selling. You give us some stats but none is useful to help you.

Let's look at a real life example. You sell air compressor parts such as filters, gaskets and the like to fix and maintain air compressors. If you bid on "air compressor", that is NOT what you are selling. Using this keyword would trigger your ads for all sorts of queries, many of which you don't want to show for. What's worse, even though your ads may say you are selling parts, some people will still click your ads even if they don't need or intend to buy parts. Those are wasted clicks and may be partly the reason for your poor conversions (the other as I said being your sales page).

What you want to do is expand your keywords to the actual product you are selling. It's a gasket for the Husky FP2010 air compressor for example. I guarantee those looking for this part and seeing a proper ad will click on it and have a high conversion rate, provided you land that click on the appropriate page and that page does a good selling job.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor