5.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why Quality score is changing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a ads with few keywords. When i started QS of keyword is 6-7 but after next day it becomes worst. Second it is 4. Why this is happend?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why Quality score is changing?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Glen,

Whenever you place new keyword in an ad group, the system gives initial QS which is based (among others) on the historical performance of that keyword for other advertisers using it.

Also, if your account has a low historical CTR, that is also a big part in the calculation of your quality score.

Try to Create relevancy and Optimise your Landing Page which help you to get better quality score.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Glen, when new Keywords are added, they are given an "initial" Quality Score based largely upon the performance of other advertisers using the same or similar Keywords.  After time, and a reasonable period of collecting data, the score will be based more upon the performance of the Keyword(s) within your own Account and, depending upon that performance, may go up or down.

Poor QS is often caused by low Click-Through-Rates, so make sure you're using tightly focused keywords, negatives, and well-written, attractive Ads.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Jon Gritton for deep clarification.