AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why I my Plumbers Campaign received high numbers of invalid clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team, 

I have Plumbers campaign and i recieved 50% invalid clicks during every months.Can you please advice on this? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Cheers, 

Kirti 

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Why I my Plumbers Campaign received high numbers of invalid clicks?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
That does seem high but it can happen. I take it that Google filtered out these invalid clicks?

This can happen when people click your ads, visit the site, hit the back button, visit again.

It can also happen from people clicking your ads to consume your budget but I would not go with that assumption without investigating further.

So for how many months do you have a 50% invalid click rate?

Have you investigated web server logs to see if you can identify any IP addresses that are visiting multiple times? IF you can determine that certain IP's are visiting too much you can exclude them.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2456098

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

We had a client that suddenly got massive numbers of clicks for a couple of days - ran out of daily budget early in the morning, but go no business....

Google adjusted and the money was returned. We ran some demographic analysis in Analytics and saw that these visits came from the same IP address in a nearby city.

Whilst we could not be certain, my client was sure that this was a competitor (who he knew).

We blocked the IP - problem solved.....

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
That does seem high but it can happen. I take it that Google filtered out these invalid clicks?

This can happen when people click your ads, visit the site, hit the back button, visit again.

It can also happen from people clicking your ads to consume your budget but I would not go with that assumption without investigating further.

So for how many months do you have a 50% invalid click rate?

Have you investigated web server logs to see if you can identify any IP addresses that are visiting multiple times? IF you can determine that certain IP's are visiting too much you can exclude them.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2456098

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

We had a client that suddenly got massive numbers of clicks for a couple of days - ran out of daily budget early in the morning, but go no business....

Google adjusted and the money was returned. We ran some demographic analysis in Analytics and saw that these visits came from the same IP address in a nearby city.

Whilst we could not be certain, my client was sure that this was a competitor (who he knew).

We blocked the IP - problem solved.....