AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why Editor show error Audiences in Search Network only - All features?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I have set Audiences (Target and Bit) in Search Network only - All features. When I open Google AdWords Editor I see there is an Error (see attached image).

Audience-targeting.jpg

- Lukas
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: Why Editor show error Audiences in Search Network only - All featu

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Well, from the screenshot, I can only see that it has *some* problem; it may or may not be the same one.

As I said, there does exist such a thing as a display-only user list. These can only be added to a Display campaign. I suspect your list is one of those. To check, click Add Audience button and look at User Lists tab in the audience picker dialog. There's Display-only column - see if your list is marked as Yes or as No there (I predict Yes).

The ultimate test - try adding the same user list to the same campaign in the online interface. If it lets you but Editor doesn't, then we have a problem and need to investigate. If, on the other hand, the online interface won't let you either, then Editor is working as intended.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You can't add user interests to a search campaign, only user lists (and then not all of them; some are marked display-only). This is a limitation imposed by AdWords system; Editor is just the messenger. You won't be able to add these interests to these campaigns in the online interface, either.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You may see also type: tag-based (user list) has same problem.
- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Well, from the screenshot, I can only see that it has *some* problem; it may or may not be the same one.

As I said, there does exist such a thing as a display-only user list. These can only be added to a Display campaign. I suspect your list is one of those. To check, click Add Audience button and look at User Lists tab in the audience picker dialog. There's Display-only column - see if your list is marked as Yes or as No there (I predict Yes).

The ultimate test - try adding the same user list to the same campaign in the online interface. If it lets you but Editor doesn't, then we have a problem and need to investigate. If, on the other hand, the online interface won't let you either, then Editor is working as intended.