AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why Editor show error Audiences in Search Network only - All features?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I have set Audiences (Target and Bit) in Search Network only - All features. When I open Google AdWords Editor I see there is an Error (see attached image).

Audience-targeting.jpg

- Lukas
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: Why Editor show error Audiences in Search Network only - All featu

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Well, from the screenshot, I can only see that it has *some* problem; it may or may not be the same one.

As I said, there does exist such a thing as a display-only user list. These can only be added to a Display campaign. I suspect your list is one of those. To check, click Add Audience button and look at User Lists tab in the audience picker dialog. There's Display-only column - see if your list is marked as Yes or as No there (I predict Yes).

The ultimate test - try adding the same user list to the same campaign in the online interface. If it lets you but Editor doesn't, then we have a problem and need to investigate. If, on the other hand, the online interface won't let you either, then Editor is working as intended.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You can't add user interests to a search campaign, only user lists (and then not all of them; some are marked display-only). This is a limitation imposed by AdWords system; Editor is just the messenger. You won't be able to add these interests to these campaigns in the online interface, either.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You may see also type: tag-based (user list) has same problem.
- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Well, from the screenshot, I can only see that it has *some* problem; it may or may not be the same one.

As I said, there does exist such a thing as a display-only user list. These can only be added to a Display campaign. I suspect your list is one of those. To check, click Add Audience button and look at User Lists tab in the audience picker dialog. There's Display-only column - see if your list is marked as Yes or as No there (I predict Yes).

The ultimate test - try adding the same user list to the same campaign in the online interface. If it lets you but Editor doesn't, then we have a problem and need to investigate. If, on the other hand, the online interface won't let you either, then Editor is working as intended.