AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why Doesn't Keyword Suggested Bid Match Max Bid?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google keyword planner listed a high volume keyword at a suggested bid of 7 cents.  Once I saved the keyword into my account it said that I will have to pay $2.25 to get on the first page.  The problem is that this keyword practically has no competition so I was hoping to get on the first page with the suggested bid.

My two questions are the following:

1.  Why do I have to pay $2.25 to get on the first page instead of the suggested bid of 7 cents?
  2. Even when I put the bid to $2.25 the keyword did not trigger my ad when I used Google’s preview tool.  Why is this?

Note: The keyword has a very large monthly search volume and no competition.  My quality score for the keyword is 6.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Why Doesn't Keyword Suggested Bid Match Max Bid?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Here are two sample discussions in which we covered the topic.  ( If you run a search on the community for "no competition  first page bid" you'll find many more,)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’