AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why Doesn't Keyword Suggested Bid Match Max Bid?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google keyword planner listed a high volume keyword at a suggested bid of 7 cents.  Once I saved the keyword into my account it said that I will have to pay $2.25 to get on the first page.  The problem is that this keyword practically has no competition so I was hoping to get on the first page with the suggested bid.

My two questions are the following:

1.  Why do I have to pay $2.25 to get on the first page instead of the suggested bid of 7 cents?
  2. Even when I put the bid to $2.25 the keyword did not trigger my ad when I used Google’s preview tool.  Why is this?

Note: The keyword has a very large monthly search volume and no competition.  My quality score for the keyword is 6.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Why Doesn't Keyword Suggested Bid Match Max Bid?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Here are two sample discussions in which we covered the topic.  ( If you run a search on the community for "no competition  first page bid" you'll find many more,)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Why Doesn't Keyword Suggested Bid Match Max Bid?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Here are two sample discussions in which we covered the topic.  ( If you run a search on the community for "no competition  first page bid" you'll find many more,)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’