AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Why CryptoCurrency Accounts Block or Suspended?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Dear All,

Nowadays CryptoCurrency is a very restricted part of Adwords. Day by day many of the Adwords accounts are suspended.

So, as of now how an advertiser can run a cryptocurrency related campaign smoothly? 

- If someone promotion the ICO, then the campaign will be suspended or running?

- If someone promote about the trading update or daily news update then what will happen?

- If some one promoting coin future predictions then what will happen? 

- If selling the crypto currency trading advice then what will happen?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Avijit P

There is only one reply to you all query. Crypto currency is a very sensitive topic. As of now, it allowed to run cryptocurrency ads but with a prediction that google may take action and make some guidelines to run ads.

Mean while, you need to follow the additional financial service requirement with other adwords requirement and guidelines.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2464998?hl=en

Sunil, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile  Rmotive Services
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Sunil27  Thank you for your reply.

So currently I can run ICO and others stuff but not able to run any coin prediction related keywords right? 

Like : 

Bitcoin price prediction 

monero price prediction 

cryptocurrency price prediction 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google allows cryptocurrencies promotion as long as there is a full disclosure of the risks associated and a full compliance with regulations in the territory targeted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@MosheTLV Ok that's fine.

The thing is that actually, I want to start campaigns related daily cryptocoin daily update. here i don't think we need any kind of disclosure right? 

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

I believe you need it even for the news article also. Since its a financial advice you have to folow the financial guidelines also.

Sunil, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile  Rmotive Services
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

As @Sunil27 mentioned, any financial service promoted must comply with  Policy regardless if you offer trade/ consulting / or news updates.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

It is too hard to define and it seems mostly scams... Already banned on Facebook, and expect AdWords to have a policy banning or severely restricting it soon. I'd be looking for a different way of promoting it, not PPC.

Keep in mind Google already has a policy against "get rich quick" schemes, and anything crypto falls into that category.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe, so I can add crypto related keywords, as long as I said "this is not a financial advice" in the video and in the description as well? Because that's what I am doing all the time.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

There has been a change since this discussion. Cryptocurrencies cannot be promoted beginning June 2018