AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why CTR IS Below Average?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why Suggest CTR Is Blow average??

when ad relevance and landing page are Above average? Q/S - 7

can anyone let me know?

thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Why CTR IS Below Average?

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi there,

Expected CTR is the percentage of people who clicked on your ad after seeing it, so in order to boost the number, you need to make your ad more enticing to users.

First, make sure that you are actually reaching the right people. Your CTR may be low if you are showing for irrelevant searches, for example, which would not be a good match for your service. You can eliminate potential irrelevant searches by taking a look at your search terms report (Keywords Tab > Search Terms above your list of keywords) and check off the irrelevant terms and choose to add them as negatives.

Second, using a strong call to action and ad extensions can help improve your clickthrough rate as well. You can test different calls to action in your ad text, and make sure you add relevant sitelinks, callout extensions, and call extensions (if applicable) from your Ad Extensions tab.

Let me know if you have questions on any of these and I'm happy to send along more detailed steps or resources!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Fare
Hard to tell with that much information, I would suggest you do a follow up on the quality score diagnosis. Here is the link for more details and guidance https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167116?hl=en

Thanks
Ajay
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi there,

Expected CTR is the percentage of people who clicked on your ad after seeing it, so in order to boost the number, you need to make your ad more enticing to users.

First, make sure that you are actually reaching the right people. Your CTR may be low if you are showing for irrelevant searches, for example, which would not be a good match for your service. You can eliminate potential irrelevant searches by taking a look at your search terms report (Keywords Tab > Search Terms above your list of keywords) and check off the irrelevant terms and choose to add them as negatives.

Second, using a strong call to action and ad extensions can help improve your clickthrough rate as well. You can test different calls to action in your ad text, and make sure you add relevant sitelinks, callout extensions, and call extensions (if applicable) from your Ad Extensions tab.

Let me know if you have questions on any of these and I'm happy to send along more detailed steps or resources!
Cassie