Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why Are My Visitors Not Converting?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear webmaster,

from last one months run my ads and  have very much impressions (74,894) also clicks (326), no one clicks converted into lead. Why ? Any one tells me...

My investment is about $400 till date from last month and my daily budget is $25.

What can I do, Please suggest me for saving my business also money.

My website: http://www.evergreenmidwest.com/

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why Are My Visitors Not Converting?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Manoj J,

The most common problem when you have too much impressions, few clicks and no conversion at all is that your: 1) Ads are not good enough/Not specific enough
2) Your keywords are too broad/not specific enough - people
like to get what they search for, if they dont get it, they are
not going to click on the ad.
3) Landing page might also cause problems, but your website
looks good enough.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Manoj J,

I have had a look at your website and there is no conversion tracking on any non-purchase conversion points. I did not test the purchase process as that would require buying something. But the question remains. Have you set up conversion tracking on your cart?

How do you know no one is converting? Have you looked at the attribution model in analytics?

Ensure that your tracking is set up correctly. Once that is done then conversion rate optimisation can begin.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Manoj J,

So 326 to 74,894 impressions , that is a 0.435 % CTR, which indicates advertising in the Display Network.

If you are currently using a campaign with the setting Search + Display or Display , switch to advertising first just in the Search network until you obtain profitability, then expand to using Display.

If you are using Search, look at the Search Terms report to find out what search terms triggered your keywords, they could be irrelevant for your landing pages.

Connect AdWords with Google analytics and start looking at data in Google analytics. If more than 95% of your visitors only look at the landing page (1 page visit)  without engaging further with other pages such as the shopping cart, there is a communication problem in your landing page. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello there;

OOhh.. This is very interesting.... I spent many years of my engineering career in this industry (industrial gases)

Aside from the technical aspects of setting an Adwords campaign structure  properly, choosing the appropriate campaign type, etc. There are some other (major)  factors to remember (for this  vertical)

This is a niche industry. (Even within B2B, it's still a niche industry - though with some big multinational players... e.g. Sherwood)

In this industry, since the technical specifications  of the items are crucial  due to safety (e.g. The valve / regulator  will not fit the cylinder unless the inlet and outlet threads meet the same DIN / NGT  thread, operating pressure and gas type are in accordance with the spec... Etc....)  most transactions are still done offline, after the buyer verified the technical specs.

So this site is more of a "catalogue" than an e-Commerce website.

Choosing the keywords in this industry is not an easy task ("oxygen", definitely, is not an appropriate keyword, however "medicinal oxygen cylinder" is  a perfect KW...). And, the landing page should be structured for an offline conversion rather than online. (Again, this is not mass / consumer products. Safety is a major issue here).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear MosheTLV,

Nice to see your post.

I agree with you for "most transactions are still done offline, after the buyer verified the technical specs."

Can you please suggest me for landing page is proper or not What can I update in this.

http://www.evergreenmidwest.com/Latex-Balloon-Inflators.html

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

is there a reason why there is no shipping-price information
shown without having to register for an account first?

is there a reason why the company address
does not seem to resolve to a physical building
on the most popular map sites?

these can be rather poor conversion-related signals
if physical products are being purchased and shipped --
especially given such technically-demanding products.

(a) not showing at least a minimal shipping price without having to register
and (b) having the company's address not resolve on a completed building,
using the most popular maps, likely do not help conversions, in any case.

price with shipping for that particular item seems to more typically approach 100 USD;

keywords aside, the price quoted seems rather low even for a catalog-only model.

possibly show at least an overestimate for shipping or allow
a user to enter (only) a zip-code for a shipping estimate.

possibly try to improve the address details on the most popular map sites.

also, even featured-products do not seem to have customer reviews --

that is likely another not so positive signal with respect to conversions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the review Clynton M.

Yes we are tracking conversion in our cart and its set up correctly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
mostly we have done with proper addressin most popular map sitebut may I know where you see physical building address is not proper.