AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why Adwords Not Consuming Daily Budget in 'Limited By Budget' Situation ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My all campaigns were showing ' Limited By Budget '. Instead of rising budget i lowered Max CPC bids of keywords.This is to get maximum clicks (which were loosing due to limited by budget). After doing this, campaigns not consuming daily budget and still the notification is there ' Limited By Budget '. What should be the issue ? (Ad rotations are set on ' optimise for converstions ',)

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Re: Why Adwords Not Consuming Daily Budget in 'Limited By Budget' Situation ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rupesh,

Have you checked the impression share data? (Lost IS - Budget)

AdWords system may still be reassessing your daily budget (after the bid changes) that is why you still see the 'Limited by budget' notification.

Also consider your bid adjustments during your bid changes.

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rupesh,

Have you checked the impression share data? (Lost IS - Budget)

AdWords system may still be reassessing your daily budget (after the bid changes) that is why you still see the 'Limited by budget' notification.

Also consider your bid adjustments during your bid changes.

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deepak V

Thanks for assistance. There are 4 campaigns total. I checked that Search
Lost IS Budget is 50% in two campaigns and it is 1% in rest two campaigns.

It means, first two campaigns we can say really 'limited by budget' and we
can still rise the budget for them. And rest two are not 'limited by
budget' in fact as Search Lost IS Budet is only 1%.

Am i right ?

Thanks

Rupesh D.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Rupesh,

You are right.

Probably the notification will change in a couple of days.

Try to work on your budget and bids to get maximum impression share for your campaigns (where impression share is only 50%).

Deepak

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Hello Rupesh,

There are also some additional strategies you can use to increase your impression share:

Adjust geo-targeting settings – If you decrease or restrict your location settings, you may see a spike in impression share. Targeting one specific location or area only will allow you to focus all efforts on that one area, and allow you more control over a specific target. While you will be serving your ads to a smaller area in general, you can take steps to ensure your ad is shown to as much of that area as possible.

Improve your ad quality – If you can take steps to improve your PPC ads, then Google will display those ads more frequently by virtue of quality score. Try improving your ad text by making it as specific and relevant as possible to the keywords in their respective ad groups.
You can find impression share under the Columns button in AdWords. You will want to choose “customize columns,” then “competitive metrics,” where you will find all of the different impression share metrics (again, don’t forget that lost impression share due to budget is only available on the campaign level).

Regards,
Sayem