AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Who to contact about low quality keyword score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nearly all of the keywords for one of my campaigns have a quality score of 2/10 with the exception of a couple that have 1/10 and 3/10.

The keywords, the ads and the landing page are all completely relevant. Nothing even remotely spammy.

Is there a way to contact someone at Google and ask them to reconsider the quality scores for that campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Who to contact about low quality keyword score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi cdronk,

Most likely what you are seeing here is you have chosen keywords that have either performed poorly for other advertisers in the past or keywords that have no significant history with AdWords. Question: do you see any ads when you use the ad preview too with your keywords? If not, chances are other advertisers have not found these keywords profitable. No ads on an SERP does not mean you will get cheap impressions.

Personally, I would go back to Analytics and see what keywords actually bring your site traffic and see if you can come with some higher wuality keywords for your campaign.

I know of no procedure under which you may appeal the QS.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi cdronk,

Most likely what you are seeing here is you have chosen keywords that have either performed poorly for other advertisers in the past or keywords that have no significant history with AdWords. Question: do you see any ads when you use the ad preview too with your keywords? If not, chances are other advertisers have not found these keywords profitable. No ads on an SERP does not mean you will get cheap impressions.

Personally, I would go back to Analytics and see what keywords actually bring your site traffic and see if you can come with some higher wuality keywords for your campaign.

I know of no procedure under which you may appeal the QS.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

What kind of match type are you using for your keywords?

If you use broad match, chances are good that they are triggered by a great variety of search queries and that some of those are not relevant in relation to your ad and your landing page.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

They'll also show low QS if keywords are not found in your ad title and body.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the input. I am using a variety of keyword match types; broad, phrase and exact match. The keywords (most of them anyway) are either in the title of the body or both. As I've said, I see no reason for the low score except as someone has pointed out that the keywords may have done poorly on other people's campaigns.

I jsut wish there was someone who could reset them for me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the insight Pete. The keywords have to do with something very specific. I can't really think of other keywords that are more appropriate.

We live and we learn.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi cdronk,

As Pete mentioned, it might very well be that these keywords have been showing poor performance in the past. There is no way to "reset" quality scores by googlers. Even though it might seem that there's no logical reason, there usually is something. Sometimes it's recommended to start with higher CPC-s just to get the good CTR history in there which will increase the QS by showing that unlike advertisers in the past, people are interested in your ads but if you're QS are 1-3 that might be very expensive. It's hard to give exact reasons without knowing what the keywords are though. You might want to contact support (through support.google.com/adwords) to have them look into your particular case.

I also recommend to look at these 2 very interesting discussions with a Google QS expert:
http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/td-p...
http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Recipe-to-making-the-perfect-Quality-Score-...

Hope this helps.
Karl