AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Which is the best Bid strategy for Remarketing conversion? Target CPA, Target ROAS or Manual CPC?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds everyone well.

I'm managing a Remarketing campaign but I set it with Target CPA Bid Strategy just because the other campaigns are set in that way, but the other campaigns are Search Campaigns not Display ones.

The Display Remarketing campaign is performing well, even better than before when it was set with Manual CPC Bid Strategy. But I also added a new set of display ads that look like users like them.

But what is your recommendation, to keep the Remarketing campaign with Target CPA Bid Strategy or to change it?

And on the other hand, one Ad Group of their Remarketing campaign with another set of banners is not doing it well, what do you recommend to improve it particular performance?

Thanks a lot in advance and kind regards!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric d
February 2017

Which is the best Bid strategy for Remarketing conversion? Target CPA, Target ROAS or Manual CPC?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

It really depends on your settings. Conversion window, user duration settings, list duration, etc. If target CPA is working better than, then stay with what works for you. It does take time for the system to accrue enough data to effectively use CPA bidding. So anytime you add a new adgroup with no history, it may take some time for CPA bidding to work effectively. Every situation is different, so I would recommend doing what works best for you in your particular situation. Smiley Happy

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric d
February 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

It really depends on your settings. Conversion window, user duration settings, list duration, etc. If target CPA is working better than, then stay with what works for you. It does take time for the system to accrue enough data to effectively use CPA bidding. So anytime you add a new adgroup with no history, it may take some time for CPA bidding to work effectively. Every situation is different, so I would recommend doing what works best for you in your particular situation. Smiley Happy

Tom

Re: Which is the best Bid strategy for Remarketing conversion? Target CPA, Target ROAS or Manual C

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hi Eric,

As Tom says, much depends on the context, that's I think it would be interesting to run your options in an experiment (help page) so you can actually see which option performs better in your situation. Note that target ROAS doesn't work in experiments, rest shouldn't be a problem.

Best regards

Ken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much Tom, I'll continue with Target CPA.

But I have another question, is it possible to set a specific Target CPA to each Ad Group? Because one Ad Group in this campaign is not performing well, and I wonder how I can to improve its performance.

Thanks in advance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot Ken. Excellent recommendation, I'll start running an experiment which I never have done before.

Best regards,

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

"...  is it possible to set a specific Target CPA to each Ad Group?" Of course. Smiley Happy

Volume is a key piece of the CPA puzzle along with history. If the terms in an adgroup don't have enough conversion volume, then the system can't as effectively optimize CPA bids. Conventional wisdom, or best practices of adgroup structure don't fit CPA campaigns very well. Instead of grouping like terms based on content, try grouping like terms based on performance. You may have one premium adgroup with only one high volume converting term, and then several adgroups with dozens of terms that don't perform quite as well. 

Keep in mind that CPA bidding is a different critter, and you may have to adjust your structure and strategy to reflect those differences.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, amazing, I thought that Ad Groups always should be structured based on content, I'll plan a new structure based on terms that perform better, despite it will break the current organization of the campaign.

Otherwise, do you think is better to keep the Manual CPC?

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

What do you think @eric d? It's your decision... Smiley Happy

What do you feel more comfortable with?

Which direction do you want to go?

Do you want to work to be better than, or.... else...? Smiley Happy

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi guys, i would like to start to learn about google adwords and facebook ads an then to get a jobs in this industry. what do you recommend to do and from where to start learning, practice and which are the best steps to do to achieve masterin this? 

thanks in advance

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.