3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Which Match Type Gives us High CTR.?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Which one of the match type gives us more more number of leads, less cost per Conv. and CTR. Please pour ur Answers.

Give me one Star PLZ.

Connect G+

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prabhakaran
September 2015

Re: Which Match Type Gives us High CTR.?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Prabhakaran,

It depends on many things. It is really diffcult to select one match type. Yet I prefer to use Phrase and Exact more. But then I loose impressions on may relevant queries as it is not possible to search and add all relevant queries in Phrase and Exact Match Type. In this case I prefer BMM so that I can get new related queries from SQR and add them in my campaign.

You need to test your campaign for some time, once you see accountable stats - you can take a decision which one is more profitable for you. Smiley Happy

May be other members can shed some light on it.

P.S. Congrats! you got star Smiley Happy

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello

In addition to Neha's answer, I would say that there are many strategies on how to set bidding;

The common one is bidding the highest on the exact match; a bit lower on "phrase match" and the lowest on "broad match"

If you run a search using the community search box for "bid strategy" you'll find many discussions on that.

As for the broad match; as Neha mentioned; I seldom use it: with so many synonyms that can match a broad match keyword, I switched to BMM.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

HI,

I tend agree with what everyone else has been saying. Use BMM to trigger relevant keywords which you're currently not targeting and to also discover negatives to also add to the account.

I have previously split out BMM into one ad group and phrase and exact into another. The BMM ad group had a lower CTR and lowerconv rate, but the reduced CPCs meant that the cost/conv was roughly that of the phrase/exact ad group.

Ryan.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Neha,

Thank u Very Much for giving me such a detailed explanation about Keyword match type..

Regards 

Prabhakaran KC