AdWords
1.2K members online now
1.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Which Campaign is Best for Ecommerce Website, Search or Shopping?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it beneficial to create Search network campaign for E-commerce website rather than shopping campaign or create both?

As per my experience, I have seen CPA of Search campaign for e-commerce website is always high than shopping campaign. So I need some suggestions, Should I create both Shopping & search network campaign or stick with shopping campaigns for better performance?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Which Campaign is Best for Ecommerce Website, Search or Shopping?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Vijay,

Conversation depend of different factor. Now we all know shopping campaign performs better then search campaign but we can not ignore search network campaign. Try to optimize search network campaign. You should try to re target all those audience through dynamic re marketing also.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Suman,

Thanks for your reply. I am already using dynamic remarketing and yes I am agree with you that we cannot ignore search campaigns but if we are getting good conversions at low CPA from shopping campaigns for E-commerce website then what is the benefit of using Search campaign for the same. What do you think?

Vijay

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Vijay,

Its simple dear, If you are getting good conversion from shopping campaign, then try to increase daily budget in shopping campaign as compare to search network campaign.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I'd say that if you can find the time, use both.

Search campaigns offer you the possibility to target using keywords and use custom tailored ads.

Shopping ads, on the other hand, are always up-to-date with regards to your inventory, are shown with pictures and attract a lot of attention. However, they are harder to control and thus sometimes trigger for irrelevant search terms. They also cannot benefit from sitelinks, seller ratings, callout extentions.

So they are, in my view, pretty different and can complement each other very nicely (not to mention that for certain search terms both your search text and and your shopping ads may show).
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.