AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Which Adwords strategy will work in this case?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I had used Triangulation method for these 3 keywords BMM, Exact and even in phrase but unfortunately did not work.

I had tried a strategy wherein i had Broad Match Modifier, phrase and exact.In Broad, phrase and exact as negative.(triangulation method) and in phrase exact as negative.

Could you please help me out in using these 3 keywords in better way. How can i use 3 keywords so they get most traffic and cover all related keywords as well. What strategy will be better in this case? 

Broad Match Modifier

Phrase

Exact

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Amit, do you already have some data from your previous attempts? At first glance I would suggest to give exact match a higher CPC and also have a broad match keyword for the same keyword in there to generate data. And then for the broad match check back after some time what search terms are used and start adding negatives for terms that are not relevant.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Amit k, I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean. You are saying you want to use BMM, but don't want these keywords to match exact? From what I understand you have added the exact keywords as negatives or am I misunderstanding what you mean? What is not working; do you get an error or just no results (impressions, clicks, conversions)?

What I think you should do, but again I find it hard to understand the exact problem you have, is adding the keywords as exact matches with a higher bid and also as a BMM with a slightly lower bid. This makes sure you will get the best traffic from your exact matches (which usually is the best matching audience) but still get in some more traffic from synonyms and related search terms.

Furthermore you should look at your search terms report and add all the irrelevant terms as negative keywords, especially the one that cost you the most money.

Does this make any sense to you?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@jaspervdhulst

I want to use combination of BMM, Phrase and exact so that keywords cover all queries.
But whenever I put phrase and exact keywords as negative in BMM and exact as negative in phrase. I don't get much impression and clicks in this case.
So, what will be the best strategy in that case?

Keywords are ivr, ivr number, ivr system, ivr service. How can i use those as combination as better.

And I am not concerned about negative queries because I have already added prospective negatives.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Amit k, so you have created three AdGroups then one with the BMM keywords, one with Exact and one with phrase? And then you put the other match types as negatives to make sure everything flows through the right AdGroup? I don't think that is going to work indeed. I would suggest to create one AdGroup called 'ivr' (preferably with three Ad variations) and put the mentioned keywords in there as exact match (with a higher bid) AND as phrase (with a lower bid). And then wait for a couple of days, change the phases to BMM, wait another couple of days and check back for the results. This is the only way to properly determine (per keyword) if BMM or phrase works best. So as said ofter, it's all about TEST, TEST, TEST.

Cheers.

Jasper

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes @Amit k, I would just try it if I where you. You'll find out if it works soon enough.

Impressions but no clicks means you should review your Ads. Or maybe the terms you use also mean something else, so you get traffic from people that don't want your product.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@jaspervdhulst

I am showing ads to right people. I have no impressions in most of my keywords. It says 

• This ad isn't being shown because of its platform targeting settings.
    • Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Amit k, this either means you have AdGroups that are more or less 'competing' of you made a mistake in your targeting. By competing I mean they both target the same audience, but one of them is 'winning' because of budget or better quality.

I cannot help you any further without really seeing your account I'm afraid. Do you have an account manager at Google that can help you out on this? Or maybe someone else know what to do...