AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Where to start when improving quality score?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all

A large amount of the keywords I'm bidding on have a quality score of 5 or lower, and this is drastically affecting the performance of my campaigns.

My question is this: aside from making changes to the landing page, what should I start changing first in order to get these quality scores up?

There seems to be a large number of areas which I can look into in order to increase QS, but what should I look at first?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Regan,

One of the easiest ways to improve Quality Score is to make sure each Ad Group is as specific as it can be.

I'd recommend starting by looking each list of keywords in each of your Ad Groups and trying to figure out whether you can segment them down any further.

E.g. If you had a keyword list of:

fast cars

red cars

blue cars

You could segment this in to two Ad Groups ("car colours" and "fast cars"), maybe even three if you'd like to, and then tailor the adverts around the keywords.

The keyword insertion tool is always a great feature that could boost QS - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en-GB

Hope this helps,

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Start with this white pare about Quality Score by Google:

https://services.google.com/fh/files/misc/settling-the-quality-score-whitepaper-final.pdf

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Regan,

the quickest way to increase the quality score is by including the keywords in the ad copy and having tightly knitted keyword groups. 

regards,

Zaby