AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Where does Googelbot crawl from to assign QS in foreign countries?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are using a url structure that rewrites based on the language of the country people are browsing from

i.e. this page would be in english for someone from the US

http://www.trialreach.com/premium/clinical-trial-for-patients-with-lupus/87484/

but if you browsed this page from Germany you would be redirected to thi stranslated page and translated url

http://www.trialreach.com/premium/klinische-studie-fur-patienten-mit-systemischem-lupus-erythematode...

Is this going it cause an issue for google bot when assigning QS for German keywords? Its going to see my German keywords, matching my German ads but if it crawls from the US, it will see an English page

Many thanks

Stephen

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where does Googelbot crawl from to assign QS in foreign countries?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Stephen,

You are not likely to mislead the bot. Whatever you do it will detect the right Landing Page associated with a keyword. The QS values, of course, will factor in the right Landing Page.

My 2c.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Stephen,

I understand the URL rewrite for your other sources of traffic, but I'm wondering about the destination URL's for your AdWords campaign.

First, do you have separate campaigns for the different lanquages? That would probably be a real good idea. Now that your ads all have a destination in the right lanquage, why not send the German-speaking prople directly to the German page, rather than go through the rewrites and redirects?

Just an idea. Now, to answer your question: The AdsBot will follow your redirects until it reaches the final destination.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello stephencroom;

My two colleagues answered your question in reference to the QS.

I would like to point out a different issue:

I have noticed that this landing page is about clinical trial recruitment for drug testing.  ("The clinical research study is being done to see how effective an investigational medication is for people with SLE.)

Are you aware that, in general, the Policy prohibits the promotion of clinical trial recruitment ?

To be more specific: If I follow the languages on your suggested landing pages: In the USA, Australia and in Germany, the Policy does not allow recruiting patients for clinical trials for drug testing. In New Zyland, promotion of clinical trial recruitment is not allowed at all.

Read more:

Healthcare and medicines

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176031

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’