4.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Where did those clicks go?!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Does anyone know what it means when your Clicks total sheds a few clicks since the last time you checked it?

I don't think it happens every day, but I've seen it happen a few times when I have time to check it regularly throughout a particular day. From the start of the day, the number of clicks will incrementally rise from zero up to, say, 10... then I might check it again in half an hour later, and it's dropped back down to 7.

Are these actual clicks being discounted, or is it just an error adjustment of some sort?

If the former, does this reduction point to someone (e.g. a competitor) clicking an ad from my campaign multiple times, or something similarly suspicious? Is there a way to find out?

And does this happen to any of you?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author swebber
September 2015

Hi Swebber,   This could be an instance of 'Invalid Click...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Swebber,

This could be an instance of 'Invalid Clicks' adjustments.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author swebber
September 2015

Hi Swebber,   This could be an instance of 'Invalid Click...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Swebber,

This could be an instance of 'Invalid Clicks' adjustments.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Where did those clicks go?!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Well i have seen such fluctuations with conversions sometimes but for me that was a system error hopefully Smiley Happy

I am not sure merely 3 clicks difference, i would not have count it as invalid click. (My Opinion)

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Thanks Neha, and thanks for the link, Tom - very useful....

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Neha, and thanks for the link, Tom - very useful. That's almost certainly what it is.

Enabling the invalid clicks column revealed something interesting: a strong correlation between invalid clicks and a low CTR for certain days - something that had been puzzling me for a while!