3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Where did all my clicks go?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We turn our ad on and off every day as we need calls. We were getting 6-10 clicks per day consistently.  There is $ in the account and no changes have been made to the campaign with the exception of INCREASING our max bid amount and the clicks have stopped. We are still getting some impressions for 1 campaign but the number is way down resulting in 0 clicks. The other campaign is getting 0 impressions. Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where did all my clicks go?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello A1recycling and welcome,

If the scenario you are explaining happened recently, then one obvious reason I could think of could be the holiday time impacting the overall business.

I don't know which business you are referring to here, but I would suggest you to look at the change history report and see if you made any major changes in the past. It might happen that you did some changes pretty long time back, but their impact is visible now.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

What has your CTR and ave. pos. been since your decrease started and how does it compare to times before that?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi  A1recycling

i want to add few point , as pankaj said that past changes shows its effect later might be one reason. Second is some time happen when you are running same ad for long time, it make saturation on visitors mind that's why your ads are not able to attract them ,which mean their is need to be change in your ads.

First go to google analytics and check ,that what are the percentage of older and new visitor comes to your site? If older are high means they want new offer or something new. So look into ads of your competitor what they are offering and match it with your ads which gives you a clear picture what you have to do ,either go for ad change or not.

Second ad postion may be the one another reason, might be your ad postion is too low due to which visitor not able to see it, need to increase it.

i hope this will help you thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

STEP 1: check if your ads are showing up for your top keywords. Type your keyword into google and check if your ad shows up.

After that, you can check what the ad position is, tweak the ad copy etc.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

theres a good way to check seasonal fluctuations: use Google Trends.

http://www.google.com/trends/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the response. We are buying junk cars so I would think there might be more traffic right now with more people really needing cash for the Christmas presents. I'll check that report. Thanks for the suggestion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Our CTR has been 1.5% on desktop campaign and 4.5% on mobile campaign. CTR is now .5% but we just aren't getting any impressions. We are getting 0 impressions on the mobile campaign.