3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Where Is Quality Score On Video Ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to find the quality score on video ads?

I have never run regular text ads, only video ads on YouTube. It looks like the quality score is only available on text ads.

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Meredith K
September 2015

Re: Where Is Quality Score On Video Ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

No - QS  is also available on the display network - but Google does not disclose it.
Read more:
https://support.google.com/partners/answer/2769530?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the info MosheTLV.

How would I be able to determine how well my video ads are doing without the quality score?

I started running 4 new campaigns yesterday. My CTR is just under 1% for each campaign so far. Today I increased my bids for each campaign and I am waiting to see the results. Is this a good start to increasing the CTR? I have not had any conversions yet.

Thanks again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
What type of ads are you using? TrueView in dispaly?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am using In-Search, In-Stream, and In-Display.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Meredith K,

To add to the very good advice you already received I would assist here with the following suggestion :

Because you bid by target, it is the target that has an Ad Rank, not the Ads from what I have personally observed. So you can go to the Targets tab >>Columns >>Customize columns>>Competitive metrics to activate all the 3 metrics "Impression share" , "Lost IS (budget)" , "Lost IS (rank)".

If your target has a low ad rank, you will have a big percentage under "Lost IS (rank) " which means you are losing a lot of impressions due to ad rank. To fix this you need to raise the bid.

I would also suggest to create separate campaigns by Ad type, one campaign for true view, one for In-Search and one for In-Display because reporting will be mixed if all types will be used at the same time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's great info Adrian B. Thank you.

I was wondering what the Lost IS budget and rank were all about. I will add those columns and start utilizing them. I have a feeling I will need to raise the bid on In-Search and In-Display. Those two are pretty slow, with few impressions, while In-Stream is doing fairly well.

I was doing separate campaigns for split testing two ads, target groups, etc, but I did not think of doing separate campaigns for each TrueView ad type as well. That will REALLY help see things more clearly.

Thank you for the suggestions. This really helps me out.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Here you are:
Measuring AdWords for video ad performance:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375431?hl=en