AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

When will I be able to get insights groups of keywords/categories?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would like to know when Google plans on providing auction insights for groups of keywords; and categoies of advertising.

Also is their a way to access this data via API?

Thank You

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: When will I be able to get insights groups of keywords/categories?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

I don't know about API but I have not heard that Google plans to provide Auction Insights for "groups" of keywords.  What would make an appropriate group (or advertising "category") is the sort of thing that's going to vary widely from one advertiser to another. I can't honestly think of any way they could "group" keywords that would be as valuable (or more valuable) than the single-auction insight we get now.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can someone at Google comment about this?

@Theresa, their are several ways of putting together an appropriate group for a 'category' . For one - if their are restrictions on certain keyword sets - like Consumer Advisory. That is one. Another would be using Content Categories as categorized in Google's Ad Planner product.

If someone know if I can grab the individual keyword auction insights via API - that would be great - thank you.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel Negari
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Announced today:  http://adwords.blogspot.com/2013/06/new-ways-to-see-how-you-stack-up.html

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ask and I shall receive? Now if only I could get this data via API. Not sure if someone at Google read my request and did this; or it was in the pipeline. Either way - great job Google