AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

When, why and why not to use the I2C metric?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I'm new to the impression to conversion metric (I2C), which is the result of dividing the number of conversions by the number of impressions and i'm trying to know if it useful or not.

Have you used it? In which context? Why would you not use it?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: When, why and why not to use the I2C metric?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Luan,

I'll give you my personal opinion about I2C.

I think that it's very useful for clients that work with and make negotiations based on CPM metric. Without this context, I think that I2C is a metric for you to keep and eye to, but not a KPI to follow and optimize your campaigns.

This kind of thing always rely on one word for me: DEPENDS

Usefulness apply to context. I say that because you can have ads with low impressions and high conversion rates, as you also may have high impressions ads and high CR%.

If you run CLICKS campaigns that lead to conversion, Impressions are secondary metric, and should not have a bunch of weight on the final optimization. I see a lot of advertisers creating metrics that will not add value to their analysis in some cases. You cannot control every little single aspect of your media. You can't just have a GREAT campaign, by optimizing every metric that involves the strategy.

Well, that's my opinion and hope this helps Smiley Very Happy

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Leandro

I think you haven't thought enough about this metric, because it implies clicks.
It's not used for "view-through conversions", but it's a mix of CTR and CR.
To have conversions, you need clicks, is just that you put CTR in the mix Smiley Happy

I would love to read more opinions.

Thanks!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

As the name say, from Impressions to Conversions, this metric actually implies every other metric hahahaha that's what I think is not that useful.

I mean, if you have a performance campaign with Conversions as KPI, Impressions become secondary. As you stated, it's a mix of CTR and CR that will matter, and for those to work, you need to optimize role other things rather than Impressions.

I just don't see the use of this metric aside from "curiosity". That's my opinion anyway. Hope you can find someone who share the same thoughts of you Smiley Happy

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click