Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: What the heck is a follow on view in adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi TatM,

The best information I was able to find was not from Google directly but reliable so I feel okay reporting it back to you.

This stat is a part of 'Downstream Video Analytics'.  A follow-on view is a video view on a specific YouTube channel after a paid view from a visitor.

Example:  Joe ends up viewing your video #1 after clicking an ad for it.  This is a paid view.  Joe then explores your YouTube channel and watches another video #2, this second view is a follow-on view, a non-paid video view that follows a paid view.  They want to show that by getting paid views, secondary views happen as well.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi TatM,

The best information I was able to find was not from Google directly but reliable so I feel okay reporting it back to you.

This stat is a part of 'Downstream Video Analytics'.  A follow-on view is a video view on a specific YouTube channel after a paid view from a visitor.

Example:  Joe ends up viewing your video #1 after clicking an ad for it.  This is a paid view.  Joe then explores your YouTube channel and watches another video #2, this second view is a follow-on view, a non-paid video view that follows a paid view.  They want to show that by getting paid views, secondary views happen as well.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi there, 

This is a link that also references the "follow on view" metric from the Help Centre, but PPCBossman has given a great summary here! 

A.