Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What should i do for those good quality but low traffic keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, All,

I see in the AdWords Dashboard, there is one section "Good Quality but Low Traffic" part, the threshold is impression <=1000 and Quality Score>=5.

I have two questions on this:

1. What should I do for those good quality but low traffic keywords?

Increase bid to get a higher position to drive more traffic or expand the keywords to get more traffic or I should delete them if they are irrelevant?

2. I'm wondering if the threshold is appropriate for this category.

I think Impression <=1000 is kind of a critical bar, if for my business, the keywords don't have too much traffic naturally, almost all the keywords should fit this criteria. Does Impression Share make more sense for this if it's caused by low competitive strength? 

QS>=5 seems also confusing to me. I would treat QS>=7 as good quality, but not 5. Of course, the threshold should depend on the strategy that I mentioned in first question.

It would be a great help if someone can answer my questions? 

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xindong W
September 2015

Re: What should i do for those good quality but low traffic keywords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Xindong, it's possible you need do nothing at all - as Moshe has suggested, you'd need to look at other metrics for these Keywords to determine their true value; for me I'd be looking to see if they convert, or if they act as "assists" in conversions.  As you suggest, some businesses may naturally use "low traffic" Keywords so I wouldn't be too concerned unless these Keywords truly aren't performing.

As for the QS of 5, AdWords has recently changed their QS reporting and there have been suggestions online in various communities that a QS of 5 is now considered "average" (which I guess would make sense in a score out of 10).  Remember that it's not always possible to score 10/10 because of the influence of other advertisers - it may well be that 5 is a reasonable score for those Keywords in your targeted region.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hello again;
It is just telling you not to expect many clicks.... If it was "low traffic - no clicks", then remove it .As long as it brings clicks with "nice" CTR - keep.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
The key is the CTR - the main component of the QS. if you have a "low traffic" that is clicked (from time to time) resulting in a "nice CTR", keep them
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Xindong, it's possible you need do nothing at all - as Moshe has suggested, you'd need to look at other metrics for these Keywords to determine their true value; for me I'd be looking to see if they convert, or if they act as "assists" in conversions.  As you suggest, some businesses may naturally use "low traffic" Keywords so I wouldn't be too concerned unless these Keywords truly aren't performing.

As for the QS of 5, AdWords has recently changed their QS reporting and there have been suggestions online in various communities that a QS of 5 is now considered "average" (which I guess would make sense in a score out of 10).  Remember that it's not always possible to score 10/10 because of the influence of other advertisers - it may well be that 5 is a reasonable score for those Keywords in your targeted region.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe, so the "good quality but low traffic" filter is just telling us, these kind of keywords should be firstly reviewed because they seem problematic, right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Cobnut, very helpful answer.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hello again;
It is just telling you not to expect many clicks.... If it was "low traffic - no clicks", then remove it .As long as it brings clicks with "nice" CTR - keep.

Re: Exploding business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

am getting 10 to 12 clicks to my business ads everyday I want it to explode to 25 clicks how do i maximize this kindladvice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What volume of search triggers "low volume?"

I hate building a bunch of adgroups and finding that they wont serve.