AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What's the difference between impressions in a call only campaign and phone impressions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

What's the difference between impressions in a call only campaign and phone impressions?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Ali T,

Here is the statement by Google regarding Phone impressions:

Phone impressions are the number of times your ad either showed with a Google forwarding phone number or could have led to a phone call from your website.

What this means: We measure phone impressions based on when your ad showed with a Google forwarding number, or a Google forwarding number could have been shown to a potential customer on your website.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to elaborate I mean to say that within a Call Only campaign we have the impressions column showing a higher number and phone impressions column showing a lower number. So this means not all impressions are shown on a mobile device.

But technically all ads from a call only campaign should show on devices that can make a call. I checked from the segments

and tablets have no impressions. Why is there this difference? I have Ad extensions active as well. Is there a link with extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please answer this question

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Ali T,

Here is the statement by Google regarding Phone impressions:

Phone impressions are the number of times your ad either showed with a Google forwarding phone number or could have led to a phone call from your website.

What this means: We measure phone impressions based on when your ad showed with a Google forwarding number, or a Google forwarding number could have been shown to a potential customer on your website.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’