AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What's conversion optimizer thinking right now?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 6.24.51 PM.png

Can anyone tell me why Adgroup #1 is spending 41 dollars per conversion when I am asking it is only set to spend CPA 5.82 (automatic)?  It only had one conversion as well.  

Thanks,

T

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What's conversion optimizer thinking right now?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think it is important to understand here that changes to the CPA bid are sometimes required depending upon the situation how an ad group is behaving. As Conversion Optimizer is a tool and works on certain pre- requirements and based on the statistics your account has already received and has been receiving, there might be slight possibility that the CPA is more than what you have set.

Did you try optimizing this particular ad group by tweaking the CPA bid or working on some adding more relevant keywords inside the ad group?

I would suggest you to have a look at this reference as well for more insights:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471188?hl=en

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi TwoDoor, I really wouldn't suggest using Conversion Optimisation when you only have one conversion, there's nowhere near enough data for it to work properly.  As I recall you need to have had 15 conversions in a 30 day period to use the Optimiser.

I'd recommend turning it off until you've established a substantial number of conversions and a more tightly tuned Campaign.

Jon

Edit.  Ah!  Your graphic wasn't visible when I replied, I can see now you have had more than 1 conversion.  Have you had more than 15 in a 30 day period?  How long has the Optimiser been enabled?

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Optimizer has been enabled since the 15th.  Campaign has been running for quite some time, Google advised me to turn on optimiser. ...