AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What keywords to use for my urban fantasy ebook?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've tried everything I can think of, and my keywords, phrases, etc, are apparently too broad to get good CTR, or too low traffic to get any action. So let me know what you think would be good. Here is the book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I8EZ42S

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What keywords to use for my urban fantasy ebook?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Try the names of well-known authors / titles, where you think their fans would like your book as well. This could also work for display ads.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adam,

You can use the keyword planner, which is a free Adwords tool, to find out the relevant keyword and adgroup ideas by using the terms which you think are close to your product.

You can also multiply your existing keywords list to find the new keywords. The tool will provide you with the historical statistics and traffic forecast for those keywords. Also, it will help you with the budgets & bids to be used to get the desired traffic.

Here it the link for the same:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

Please let me know if that answer your query. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've tried all that. My keywords, even with only two words in length, seem to have low search volume. Seems hard to believe.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Adam,

Saw your keywords in the other topic you posted. They are mostly broad match that cannot be further broadened. However, they accrue very few impressions because I think your competitors are bidding higher than you on the same keywords. That's more than understandable if you factor in that you bid on juicy, promising terms like *urban fantasy* and simultaneously wish to economize on bidding. In a nutshell: you wish to purchase value without paying the price in US$ or an increased time input. 

My 2 cents.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
A method that may work for you is to try Dynamic keyword insertion: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en

Personally I have seen positive effects on CTR's for relatively broad keywords. The way it works is that the keywords you use will be dynamically inserted into your ad headline, this leads to the following:

1. Improved relevance as the user finds "exactly" what they were looking for.
2. When the keyword and the headline match exactly, the headline will be in bold, which generally improves CTR.

Example:
keywords: [urban fantasy] (thanks @Lakatos), [gritty fantasy]

will appear in the same ad headline.

A great *urban fantasy* story
A great *gritty fantasy* story

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Good point made by @Niels about DKI. However, if you decide to give it a try, be very cautious with it because DKI can go crazy occasionally - in which case it may suddenly suck in an excessive number of irrelevant clicks - for which reason some regard it as an advanced feature. If done properly and with caution, DKI may prove helpful.