AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What is the latest change you made to your AdWords account?

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi All, 

AdWords account needs frequent maintenance. We are curious to know what was the latest change you made to your AdWords account. 

eg: I added 2 negative keywords, I decreased my bid by 10 cents etc. This wont take too long, so share away. 

Thanks,

Mini

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is the latest change you made to your AdWords account?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Mini,

I think this is a great topic. The most recent changes that I made on an account was changing the monthly special offer from a Feb offer to a March offer so it was just really ad copy change acorss most campaigns.

The landing pages were updated to match the new offer of course.

This might be the most recent change I made but it wasn't based on any account data so I think it's most going to be the best answer here.

I'm going to start a new thread on an optimization technique I used recently which is working well (so far - about 4 weeks) to see what you all think.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I added several negative keywords.

On my best performing campaign, I increased the budget slightly.

On my new experimental campaign, I adjusted the bids for each keyword to the top of page estimate. I'm still in the stage where the QS is fluctutuating a lot so I'm watching it daily.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

The very last change I made was creating a duplcate ad with a differently worded call to action in the description line 2 for my brand campaign... Obviously after pausing one of the previous ads that didn't convert as well as the ad copy that was left active.

Ryan.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Decreased bids for a greedy placement that was stealing the show in an ad group, at the expense of other placements.

I'm wondering if I should create a different campaign with "slower" placements, and its own budget, in order to give them a chance as well, as I'm pretty sure the law of the jungle applies (the most visited placement may steal as much of the budget as possible, and other placements don't get the chance to show ads) both with placements and with keywords with very different traffic.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Interesting and unusual topic. What are you up to, Mini?  Woman Happy

I paused a number of keywords that were not producing good quality traffic for one client's purposes. In another account, I upgraded three campaigns to the new Enhanced structure.

P.S. Calin? I'd say that sounds like a good idea. It's what I'd try, anyhow.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hmm, done quite a lot but the last change was to create a set of automated rules for a Campaign to control Ad position based upon CTR and Conversion rates.  I don't trust them new fangled "Optimisation" settings Smiley Happy

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

It's really interesting to see the variety in the changes made to an AdWords account. It shows what's important to you on a day-to-day basis. 

Waiting to hear more...

Mini