Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What is the good way to run Adwords for Same keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I am running adwords ads for my real estate client.

They have almost same type of keywords for their different projects in the same city.

i.e. apartments in pune for all projects and so on.

So, what is effective way:

Run different campaign for every project with same keywords?

Run one campaign with different ad groups for projects with same keywords?

I am asking you because currently keywords are triggering any ads from project campaign on the basis of most good QS and bid.

So what would you recommend?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is the good way to run Adwords for Same keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor,

It won't be a good idea to have the same set of keywords for different campaigns or adgroups.

From the information you have shared I believe you must be targeting the same set of geographical locations as well. In such a scenario, the same keywords across ad groups or campaigns will compete with each other and only the ones with highest ad ranks will win. And you will become prone to pay more. 

My question is - if you are targeting the same set of keywords and geographical locations, why would you want your ads to land on separate landing pages?

Only because you have dedicated landing pages for different Real Estate Projects?

My take on this would be to have  a properly optimized main index-page landing page. A landing page that acts as the index page to all ongoing projects. This way you can keep one campaign with different ad groups separating keywords based on tight themes. For instance - ad groups for - appartments, flats, villas etc. 

To me the account structure would also depend on budget freedom. If the client is ready to pay as long as the ROI is positive, we get more to experiment, analyze, and optimize. I may also think of creating match-type based campaigns once I have enough data in the account, but only if budget is no constraint.

My two cents.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor,

Running similar keywords across the account is not recommended. It basically will trigger the ad from the ad group which wins the ad auction based on that what search query user entered and how well it was matched with your current set of keywords and account structure.

Similar keywords will work only if you are targeting them for different locations using different campaigns.

I would also encourage you to read this help center reference for more insights on how similar keywords are matched to search terms: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan Jha,

My question is - if you are targeting the same set of keywords and geographical locations, why would you want your ads to land on separate landing pages?

Ans: Because I have different landing page for every real estate project.

Only because you have dedicated landing pages for different Real Estate Projects?

Ans: Yes

Would you tell me what would be best practices for same.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor,

Having different landing pages for different projects and targeting them individually will make more sense when you target them with different keywords. If they all are in the same location and there are no specific differential characteristics that you can use to target them individually, it's better to have one landing page as suggested above. 

However, if the projects can be differentiated based on any differential characteristics that you can use to theme ad groups, it will be better to target them individually from separate ad groups. In this case, these characteristics will also make different keywords available to you 

For instance, if one project has 4bhk apartments, another has 2bhk, you can make it the theme for ad groups and keywords and can target relevant pages. 

Hope it helps. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
The problem is I have 50 projects lined up.
Let me give you one of example:

In Balewadi (its location) Pune - Keyword is luxury flats in pune
for other remaining 49 projects keyword will be same for every project as I mentioned above. Keyword will be same because it's main targeted keyword that I need to use.
and almost all projects has 2, 3 or 4 bhk. So keyword will be identical.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor,

50 projects from the same builder in the same location having same specifications/characteristics, I must  say Pune's real estate is going far above several tier 1 cities Smiley Happy

Coming back to the question, if the keywords and target locations are the same,  I don't see any point in using those individual project pages as LPs. An index page would do. However, if you intend to test different pages, you can use keywords level LPs once you accumulate some relevant data in the account. 

One more thing, if budget is not a constraint at all,  DSA can also be tested for the website for all those project pages. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
The problem is there is already being created separate landing pages for every project. And I have to use this. The main website is under process of new design and development. Meantime I have to work on only landing pages.

So, what you think if I structure campaign by keywords, not by projects.

Campaign - Apartments in Pune
Ad groups - xyz xyz
ads will create multiple ads for all projects landing pages

So in auction Google will choose whatever is the best ad is.
What you say?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Bump.. Any solutions guys...?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor, 

If you want to use all your landing pages even if you could do with lesser, you would be better using Dynamic Search Ads. I don't know how your website is actually structured, but if you allow all landing pages to be indexed in Google and they are already indexed, you should give DSA a try.  

You mentioned that you have separate landing pages for all projects, in that case I am assuming that your all landing pages are optimized for conversions and they are not generic. If so, DSA can be a better choice. 

You can have best performing ones as the Search Netowrk campaigns, and rest in the DSA.

My two cents!

Thanks
Ratan Jha