AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What is the difference between product filters & targets in PLA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have read all the recomended articles for product listings ads and running my compaings for PLA .I only use products targets and created one adgroup per brand by using product targets.I realy want to change my bids based on certain product groups and want to show my products for certain keywords but not very clear how to do it ?

Do i just mentioned those keywords in product title and description so PLA will pick it up or make a group based on Feed: product_type attribute ?

Please help ?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: What is the difference between product filters & targets in PL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

Use adwords_grouping when creating your product feed, and group products any way you like it.

Then create one ad group per adwords_grouping product target, and only target that group. This way you'll be able to bid at ad group level.

If you want to go very deep into segmentation, you can create one ad group and one product target per product, and bid at product (ad group or product target) level.

There is no clear way of targeting products for certain keywords on purpose, because AdWords wants to target those products based on the information in the feed and on the target product page. Relevance is in their hands. But using relevant keywords in the product name / description / feed attributes may help. However, I'm pretty sure the system is smart enough to detect keyword spamming, so please use with caution.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Farhan H
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all for your responses.One more question in relation to product targets in PLA.Some time we have out of stock products or less number of on hand quantites we do not want to show those products untile we have enough stock.So what is the best practice to stop showing those products ads and safely re-activate after we have enough quantities available.

Thanks,

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello. Frequently updating your feed should take care of that. In my case I fetch the feed once a day, and I manually re-submit whenever some important changes have happened (I do not wait until the next day).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

Use adwords_grouping when creating your product feed, and group products any way you like it.

Then create one ad group per adwords_grouping product target, and only target that group. This way you'll be able to bid at ad group level.

If you want to go very deep into segmentation, you can create one ad group and one product target per product, and bid at product (ad group or product target) level.

There is no clear way of targeting products for certain keywords on purpose, because AdWords wants to target those products based on the information in the feed and on the target product page. Relevance is in their hands. But using relevant keywords in the product name / description / feed attributes may help. However, I'm pretty sure the system is smart enough to detect keyword spamming, so please use with caution.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

It really helps if you have relevant title, descrition, and google category atrributes and this will help in getting your product matched correctly.

Yes, targeting products based on product type attribute will help you get relevant clicks.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all for your responses.One more question in relation to product targets in PLA.Some time we have out of stock products or less number of on hand quantites we do not want to show those products untile we have enough stock.So what is the best practice to stop showing those products ads and safely re-activate after we have enough quantities available.

Thanks,

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello. Frequently updating your feed should take care of that. In my case I fetch the feed once a day, and I manually re-submit whenever some important changes have happened (I do not wait until the next day).