AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What is the best way to optimize time of day?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

What is the best way to optimize time of day?

I know that my customers convert the best during the time 7AM-3PM.   From 11PM-1AM conversions stop, then they resume.

I know there are 3 ways I can control time of day on adwords, but my question is which method is the best so that it isnt counter productive?

1)  Use time parting, and run only during specified hours each day.

2) Use adwords scripts and decrease my budget during those hours accordingly

3) Use adwords scripts (flexible bids) so during my bad hours I pay less, or I bid so low I won't get any traffic thus waste funds?

Looking forward to your replies! Thakns

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is the best way to optimize time of day?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Atila,

The question that first comes to mind is, what is your buying cycle like? That would depend on your industry and your customers. Do they research before buying? Do you have many customer touchpoints before the point of conversion?

What I am getting at is understanding the value of your non-converting hours. For example, these could be important hours for you to get in front of your customers at the "research" stage, and bring them into your funnel.

The time of day bid adjustments I do are at the campaign level, under "Ad Schedule" in the settings tab.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
They are sleeping during those hours that I am most concerned with.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi

If u r confident enough that during those hours no sales are happening and if u r only targeting people who actually live in the targeted area instead of "people who looking for and live in the area" you can use ad scheduling and stop showing ads during that period.

However I usually don't take a decision just from checking converted time patterns because most probably you may not see assisted clicks and impressions related to your conversions by just looking at the dimension report by hour.So I would suggest you to choose 2nd or 3rd option and see whether there will be any negative impact on the performances.