AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What is the best campaign type for lawyers? Search or Search/Display?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to know what type of campaign is best for Law Offices. Is is worth to stay in Search/Display or should I change to Search only? I ask because I think Display Type attracts many unwanted curious or not interested people. I also tend to think that in search type, you can get the client that is actually looking for the services. Am I right in this appreciation? Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is the best campaign type for lawyers? Search or Search/Displ

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think first and foremost thing is to have separate campaigns for Search and Display when you are working on Google Adwords. 

I would prefer Search to start with because of the fact that in case of law profession, user might be looking for an instant help online. I am not sure what specific legal domain you are asking here since there are lot categories like Real Estate, workers compensation, divorce, personal injury etc...

Display is an indirect approach to identify your leads. There are various categories available which can be targeted and the users who are already browsing domains which are under Google Display Network, might be interested and click your ad and reach you.

Additionally, there are Adwords for Videos also which can be used for Brand up-liftment and can be used to expand your branding online. So it all depends upon how you want to approach and then accordingly follow the optimization path towards success.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Re: What is the best campaign type for lawyers? Search or Search/Displ

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You are correct. If you use the display network, you are advertising to the masses, most of which will not need your services at that time. You may want to do this for branding but this is not something I'd do for a lawyer. Use search so you grab their attention at the moment they need a lawyer in the field you specialize in.