AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What is the average CTR for automobile websites on mobile devices(GDN)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is the average CTR for automobile websites on mobile devices(GDN)?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Depends. 

Tom

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

LOLL Smiley Happy

tomhalejr wrote:

Depends.

Tom answered in one word that has it all...Though I am confident Google has the data, (at least for a few parameters) - it does not disclose it...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Ha!

Certainly you could get some base estimates from the opportunities tab, but - Do you know of any estimate tool which solely and specifically deals with mobile apps (GDN for mobile devices) Moshe? Even if any of the estimate tools could be refined to such a level of detail, they would only be estimates after all... 

So what is the real average, based on personal experience - Depends... It's as much of a philisophical question as a anything. After all, what is an automotive site? Heck, if we had adsense on our site it could qualify as per the parameters of the GDN, assuming our site qualififed as mobile friendly enough to be included in GDN for mobile devices. After all, my resume, our client list, the examples that I give based on my previous career expereince in blog posts, (all relating to the automotive industry) has quite a bit of automotive content, and therefore could potentially qualify (if we had adsense ads on our site) as, in some way part of the automotive topic, KW, or interest category targeting of the GDN - In theory, as it relates to mobile device targeting, regardless of the mobile friendliness of our site, depending on the campaign set up. 

On the other hand, sites like Car Talk for example are so competitive and popular, based on campaign settings, demographic and location targeting.... ARGGHHH!!!! My head just exploded trying to think of all the possible factors which might go into determining the average GDN CPC for specific device settings for just one managed Automotive placement. Parts, new/used cars, reviews, tech, clubs, crazy driver's on youtube, etc., etc.

Sorry... Did you want to talk about advertising for the automotive industry using adwords, or was this just a hypothetical situation? I could go either way....

Tom