AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What is minimum QS to be display in Google SR?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As you know that there 1 to 10 QS for each keyword. If you have better keyword quality score then you will have good chance to be listed at top position in search results and lower quality score will charge you more for bad position.

Let me know what is the minimum QS to be display in search results or at lower QS and higher bidding you will be able to display your ads.

Please clarify all your point of view.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is minimum QS to be display in Google SR?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anything more than 2 will do. You can improve your QS by writing a good ad copy, getting good CTR and improving landing page relevancy.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
Google does not disclose the threshold (in terms of ad-rank) to be shown  at the top 3 spots; However, there is a minimum of QS (that is not necessarily constant but auction dependent).

Read more:

Getting your ads above Google search results

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Param,

To follow Moshe, I would like to add that when you do the keyword diagnosis for the keywords having low quality score i.e. less than 5, then you will get a fair amount if idea of what all keywords with low quality score are being shown by Google or not. Then based on those stats, you can start optimizing the keywords. This is because I have seen Google showing ads for low QS keywords but at pretty low position in Google search results.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
QS of 5 is average. A good goal is 7 or more. In the old days, there was no number and your QS was either Poor (about 1 to 3), Good (4 to 6) or Great (7 and up). I think those were the terms used, it's was a long time ago.

QS of 1 is effectively the off switch and your ads will not be shown. In my experience, this is as a result of not following one or more rules, having a bridge page for example. Therefore, as long as your QS is 2 or more, ads have a chance to be shown. A QS of 2 will often show a message "Rarely shown due to low quality score" but that could also mean your ads show on the second page where few people actually go. Regardless, a poor QS makes it virtually impossible to get good position.

To show on top of the SERPs (yellow box as some call it) instead of on right side of screen, your QS must be 7 or better. Even if you bid high enough that would normally rank you there, you won't if your QS is lower than 7.