AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What is considered a good relative CTR on GDN?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Would like to know what ranges are considered average, good, great, and "unicorn"... and how they affect CPCs

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is considered a good relative CTR on GDN?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @taewoo;

CTR is so broad metric, dependent on so many variables, that the same answer which applies  when asking about a  good CTR on Serach, applies to GDN.

On GDN "active view viewable CTR" is a better performing metric than the classic CTR,

Having said that a rule of thumb would be that you should  aim to CTR of 1% on GDN, and double that value for "active view viewable CTR".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
@taewoo

On top of what Moshe said, it's important to understand that it's all relative to performance on each individual site. A bad CTR on one site does not have an effect on the ad being served on another site. When viewing in aggregate, I think 1% is a bit lofty for a standard. From my experience, anything above 0.1% will get you a decent reach.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Remember.. Im asking about "Relative CTR" column in adwords.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
@taewoo

my mistake. I read into it that relative was being used as an adjective for CTR, not the "relative CTR" column. I don't know if there is a good answer for this. It is not a metric I would be too worried about if others I consider more important looked good. Not all display campaigns have the goal of driving clicks.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@taewoo ;

As @David K  - I understood  relative as an adjective,

I agree with David. I like to analyze   the raw data of  the campaign performance myself, and compare myself  to other campaigns run by the same advertiser.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’