AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What is Your Optimization Process?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

This is a pretty big question I know, but as a freelancer I now lose out on the chance to share ideas and learn from my team around me. I'd like to improve my routine of working though accounts so wanted to get some advice and tips!

I might also take the time to add some comments and suggestions from this thread into an article if there are some good ones!

Thank you! 

Re: What is Your Optimization Process?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I always enjoy doing the rotate ads evenly for 90 days option, i love the fact that it leaves very little room for an ad with good initial numbers to get preferential treatment over new, or different ads.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
My favorite optimization for local campaigns is layering the location targeting. Bids Adjustment for 5 mile radius +10% Citywide -10%. This allows for specific radius targeting while still branding the company city wide.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Abbie,

Match Type- Most of the time I run keywords only in Exact & Phrase match types and put all exact match keywords in phrase match adgroup.

Ads- I love to do to AB testing with ads, landing pages, make an ad and let them run for 14 days then make changes accordingly.

Keywords Bids- Check keywords performance Week over Week, 14 Days & Month over Month then make changes in their bids to improve ROI.

Search Term- Target search term which is converting and put the irrelevant search term in negative to save the cost.

Thanks
Pankaj Sharma

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Abbie,

I always do the optimization for my campaigns as per attached Optimization Checklists. These checklists always help me to improve my campaigns performance.

Please find attached the optimization checklists:-https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLRHZiempIdDdkQVU/view?usp=sharing

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Abbie!

I always doing these points for optimizing campaign is given below:-

1. Move Keywords to Their Own Ad Groups
2. Review Your “See Search Terms” Report to Find Negative Keywords
3. Expand Existing Keywords