AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What is Mobile Ads targeting and how do I implement it?

moo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
moo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm quote a novice at Adwords. I am hearing a buzz re Mobile Ads taregting but are confused on what it is and how it could help me. I am working for an online store in Australia.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is Mobile Ads targeting and how do I implement it?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello moo; welcome;

Are you familiar with AdWords at all ( for desktops?)

I would not "jump" into mobile, before getting to some experience with text ads targeting desktops.

Please also note that a mobile designed site is essential for a successful mobile campaign. I have the feeling that you are not there yet.

So, my advice: start slowly (with text-ads for desktops), and make a slow, but concrete progress towards mobile.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: What is Mobile Ads targeting and how do I implement it?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Moo,

I completely agree Moshe.. you should start slow and understand how AdWords works.. 

Also, since you mentioned that you have an online store (ecommerce i presume), probably I would recommend going in for a desktop or tablet campaign. 

People prefer buying stuff using their laptop/desktops or now tablets since it's just more convinient to enter the details required while shopping online. 

Also people trust the security on their laptops more. Thus, along with the number of people searching for your products on a mobile, the total number of conversions also is really low.

Like Moshe, I would recommend starting on desktops, laptops and tablets over a mobile campaign. You could eventually move to a mobile one.

To startoff, I would recommend you to read the AdWords learning center: http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=examstudy.cs

ignore the studying for the exam bit.. but this is the best resource for understanding the basics of AdWords.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!