4.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What is A/B Testing Campaign or adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please tel me anybody what is A/B Testing and how can check my adwords perfect for A/B testing Give me suggest 

Re: What is A/B Testing Campaign or adwords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ritesh S,

My guess is that you have been reading about the AdWords Experiments feature, here is the help page about it :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2385204?hl=en

A/B testing means that you try to compare two sets of similar data to decide which one is more profitable / more suited for the purpouse of your advertising goals. More about A/B testing also here :

http://certifiedknowledge.org/blog/ab-split-testing-with-adwords/

At the end of the most simple test, for example 2 bids for a keyword, you can decide which bid brings you more benefits, meaning most traffic or most conversions, or the lowest conversion cost.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Sir i think it is still under Beta Experiments (Testing).

I am on Linkedin

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Ritesh,
A/B testing in Adwords means testing 2 or more adcopies or ad texts to measure which one
is performing better and delivering best results i.e. high click-through-rate at lesser cost i.e. average CPC. By applying this one can easily identify which adcopies is more liked by end
customer and this process is continuous.

Motive of this testing is due enhance performance of campaigns and to reduce cost.

Helpful link -> http://adwords.blogspot.in/2007/08/adwords-optimization-tips-more-on-ad.html

Regards
Sanjay Singh Bisht

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
A/B testing is a simple way to test changes to your page against the current design and determine which ones produce positive results. It is a method to validate that any new design or change to an element on your webpage is improving your conversion rate before you make that change to your site code.
An A/B test involves testing two versions of a web page — an A version (the control) and a B version (the variation) — with live traffic and measuring the effect each version has on your conversion rate. Start an A/B test by identifying a goal for your company then determine which pages on your site contribute to the successful completion of that goal.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google experts!

I have a question regarding A/B testing. I need to test a desitnation URL for the keywords in Google Adwords. I have tried out this option called experiment. So I have taken 1 adgroup, duplicated keywords in the Editor. Half of them, I marked as Control, another half as Experiment (in those I have changed destination URLs). But Editor wouldnt allow me to post them as they are dupplicated and marked as red. Do you have any idea of how to deal with it? Have I chosen the right approach?

Thanks a lot!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ritesh,

Primarily, A/B testing stands for testing two ad copies for their performance. In this kind of testing other factors, such as keywords, landing page or bidding remains stable or you may create two ad groups with different keywords, landing page etc. However, you check the success rate of your ad copies in terms of their statistics. This A/B testing is very useful to check the relevance of your ad campaign. As Adrian pointed out, you can also test two ad copies through 'ACE' to see which of them is working better and delivering good response.

This testing will help you get better performance and improved ROI.

I hope this helps.
Kapil M

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ritesh,

We like to conduct A vs. B advertising to see if one set of advertising copy outperforms the other. For example, we will target the exact demographic with the same budget and keep the same titles. By changing the ad copy, if we see a greater click through rate and conversion rate, we can deem that a specific advertising copy was deemed the winner! We illustrate this in one of our blogs on www.themediacaptain.com

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I am not sure about your question. Are you looking for landing page testing or Adword campaign testing because both goes under different way.

If you are looking to perform content A/B testing then you can do this via Google analytic's content experiment section by adding the multiple landing pages and if you are looking to perform the landing page and ads testing in Ad Words then follow the following process.

1.)Test For Landing page:

Write Two similar test adcopy in same ad group and use two different Landing page.
Then go to the campaigns setting and change the ad rotation setting and select "Rotate evenly: Show ads more evenly for at least 90 days, then optimise".

Then you can judge which Landing page is performing good as per your Benchmark that you have set for your campaigns.

2.)Test For Ad Copy:
You can write two different ad copy with similar Landing page and change the Ad rotation setting as i have mentioned in the previous case.Than analyse your ad copy.

I hope it will be helpful to you.