AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What happens to Audiences when the website changes?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello!

I have some remarketing audiences set up in two accounts which will be consolidating into a single account with a new url.  What will happen to the audiences?  Will I lose them?  Will they still be in play?  I'm using both display remarketing and RLSA.

Thanks!

Phil

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What happens to Audiences when the website changes?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Phil,

As you're merging two separate URLs, I suppose the old ones wouldn't exist anymore. In this case the list size would gradually reduce, as there wouldn't be any traffic to those URLs.

However, you can use those lists in your campaigns until they're active. As validity of a list would depend on membership duration (set to 30 days by default) you had set up initially, you can use them until the list has users. Please note that a minimum of 100 users are required for GDN remarketing and 1000 for RLSA campaigns.

Hope that helps, feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks, Sumanth

So, I could set up new lists with the new url, and use it alongside the old lists until they ran empty. Is that correct?

Phil
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author philFMF
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Yes. However, you'd be able to use the old lists only within the account. If you're using a new account altogether, remarketing lists have to be moved to the new account. You'll have to contact Google to get this done and there are some criteria for it.
Sumanth Sridhar