AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

What does Competition as 'Low' or 'High' means

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sir, 

I want to know,  what the Term Compettion 'High' or Low means .

I shall be grateful and this will help me to decide my Key Words.

Regards.

BR GUPTA

MOBILE:XXXXXXXX

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: What does Competition as 'Low' or 'High' means

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Basically this is an indication (and only an indication) of the number of other advertisers that are using the same keyword to attract visitors to their sites.

The more competition there is the more you are probably going to have to pay to get good ad positions for those keywords.

But, remember that paying less for a keyword is not the main thing to look at - you might be better paying more for a keyword which leads to more conversions that paying less for a keyword that brings traffic at a lower cost, but traffic that doesn't convert once on your site.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Basically this is an indication (and only an indication) of the number of other advertisers that are using the same keyword to attract visitors to their sites.

The more competition there is the more you are probably going to have to pay to get good ad positions for those keywords.

But, remember that paying less for a keyword is not the main thing to look at - you might be better paying more for a keyword which leads to more conversions that paying less for a keyword that brings traffic at a lower cost, but traffic that doesn't convert once on your site.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Also - this is an open forum - you should edit your original comment to remove your mobile number....

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Thank you for posting on our forum. In order to protect your personal privacy, we have removed your emails, CID and/or phone numbers from the post.